Thursday, December 25, 2008

메리 크리스마스

I had to work today on Christmas, but instead of working in the afternoon, I worked in the morning. Many of the kids were not there because they were either sick or were traveling. Yesterday and today we had a party for each group of kids in their last class of the day. The party was only 10-15 minutes and the kids had to bring their own snacks. The school provided Coca-Cola and one small Crown brand choco pie for each child. Last week when the kids found out about the party, they complained that the party was going to be so short. One student told me that 10 minutes wasn't enough time to eat one snack. The parties were just in each classroom and so it was up to the teacher to decide what to do with the kids. At first, I was just going to play Christmas songs and as I was looking for some on YouTube, I decided to show Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, narrated by Burl Ives. As it was playing during the first class, I realized that the language was very advanced and they speak quickly. However, the kids seemed to be entertained by it and paid more attention to the movie than they do during class. Today, I decided to play the cartoon version of The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. During one of the classes, I was standing in front of the class so I could pour the drinks and one of the boys told me to move so he could see the screen. I wonder how much of the movies the kids could understand, but they got some entertainment value out of them.

No comments: