Sunday, March 27, 2011

Finally, A Room With a View!

Unfortunately, though it is not an ocean-view room. We just moved our school location and today I had to go in and get my classroom set up for classes tomorrow. We have six rooms and six teachers. Three rooms are designated for Korean teachers and three rooms are designated for foreign teachers. Foreigners have to have certain equipment in their rooms and so that is why there is the designation. In two of the Korean teachers rooms, you can see the ocean. One of the foreign-teacher rooms has no windows. Luckily, I did not get that room. This is the third classroom that I have had and this is the first one that had a window. My first room was the room that had been in use for a month before I arrived and so I got that room. My second room was the leftover room. I could have changed rooms a few months ago when we downsized from eight teachers to six teachers; however, in my opinion, it was too much of a hassle and the other rooms were not as nice otherwise because they had seen more use and some of the previous teachers were a bit too permissive with the students. I'll have more on my new room in a day or so, after I've been in it for a couple of days and I finish up some things that I need to do.

No comments: